If you are searching for information on how to keep a room cool that faces the sun, keep reading to learn the steps to get it done. It is great for you and your wallet if you can keep one room in your house cooler than the rest in the searing heat of summer. But inevitably you will have to spend some time in a room that faces the sun. The best option is a radiant barrier.
Barrier Insulation offers the finest quality radiant barriers that keep 97% of the radiant heat from the sun from entering the building or home. It reduces the amount of energy needed by the air conditioner to keep the house cool and can save you in excess of 15% on your energy bills. Contact us today to learn how you can enjoy a cooler house with a radiant barrier from Barrier Insulation.
Here are some further steps you can take to help keep that room facing the sun as cool as possible:
- Buy some heat-reflecting film and apply it to the windows where the sun shines in. It is not very expensive and has the advantage of reducing sun glare as well. However, you do not want to apply it to windows where you want to receive sunlight from in wintertime.
- When you pick drapes and hang them, choose drapes wit ha white side facing out towards the window. This will cause the heat to be reflected back. Keep the drapes closed during the hottest parts of the day.
- Plant or build as many shady areas outside the part of the house facing the direct light of the sun. Try to get large shrubs or tall trees to grow. Alternately, maybe a pergola or trellis planted with vine-like plants will enhance the level of shade you receive.
- Encourage air flow throughout the house by opening doors and windows. Obviously, when it is hot, make sure they remain shut!
- Schedule your activities involving humidity like cooking, using the dryer and showering later in the day. It will remain cooler that way!
- Portable fans can be used to assist in air circulation and the installation of ceiling fans really contributes to air flow.
- You can reduce heat in the room by switching off any heat-producing appliances including lights.
- Reflect the heat by painting your roof white to keep all of your rooms cooler.
Barrier Insulation Offers Insulation Services In Phoenix!
Barrier Insulation Inc. is the premier provider of quality insulation in Phoenix. You can trust your insulation to the professionals at Barrier Insulation Inc. knowing your house will be optimized with the finest quality insulation in the marketplace. For all of your insulation needs call us today at 602-499-2922.
Whether you are building a new house, or just need to remove the old insulation and install a newer more energy efficient option Barrier Insulation is Phoenix’s first choice in home and commercial insulation. We proudly provide the valley’s more comprehensive insulation service that helps you stay more comfortable and save on energy. Click here to schedule on our website, or just give us a call at 602-499-2922 or 623-931-0637.